What is Assist?
Assist is a student-led academic support programme focused on providing support to students at undergraduate level. The programme runs during the teaching term onlyand is in place on specific modules within departments who are aware of and understand the benefits of the programme.
On these specific modules there will be student facilitators present at the seminar, workshop, tutorial or study group to help guide and encourage students to:
- Discuss the work presented in the lectures;
- Practice examples based upon the lecture material;
- Work in small groups so that peer collaborative learning can take place;
- Organise their work more efficiently and effectively
Student Facilitators are not lecturers and are there to encourage students to work with their classmates to arrive at solutions and practice the subject material.
If you are needing assistance with...
- Acquiring study and academic skills
- Tackling essays, reports and other written assignments
- Post Graduate assistance
...then there are extensive courses and workshops provided by the Learning Development Unit. Visit their website to view the current schedule http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/ldu
Check back at the start of the new semester for a list of departments and modules which support the Assist Programme.
Student Development & Mentoring Coordinator
Telephone: 020 7133 2032